We offically started filling out our adoption paperwork tonight. You must be thinking "why did it take so long"? Well...I felt like I hit a road block and my heart wasn't in it. If it wasn't for my wonderful husband, the paperwork would still be sitting on the desk in the computer room.
I look back to one year ago and would of never thought that we would be on our way to adoption this time in our lives. If any of you had known my husband back then, he always said that "we would have our own children or none at all". It all changed on October 10, 2008. Tim and I were on our way to work one morning and out of the blue I felt this urge to ask him if he still felt the same way about adoption, which was definitely out of the ordinary because we hadn't talked about adoption or having our own children in a while. So I got the courage up and asked him and believe it or not, he said "N0". It took everything inside of me not to cry in front of him. My heart was so full and as I thought to myself "who else could of changed his heart but God"?
Ever since then, we have just received confirmation over and over again that this is where we need to be. We are thrilled to take the next step.

I am so excited for you guys. It brought tears to my eyes and memories back to my mind. It seems just like yesterday that I was right in the same place that you are. I was overwhelmed at the "process" and felt like I was frozen. If it wasn't for my own dear sweet husband, I wouldn't have gotten my paperwork completed when I did. We love you guys and are always in our prayers.
ReplyDelete